Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Whoops, Sorry (And Loop of the Day)

I'll be honest, I have no idea how roughly two weeks have passed since I've posted. I also promised to continue to post songs on Tuesdays, at least. So...keeping that in mind, let's just...well, not keep that in mind. Let's forget about track Tuesdays, okay? I'll just do the "Loop of the Day" thing. Yes.

Hit the jump, and let's chat.

It's true. Past couple of weeks have been rough and tumble. Nothing too bad, and nothing I'm not used to, I just constantly found myself either busy, tired, or completely spacing out and out of time to do anything.

In terms of things I've actually done, the job hunt is still on, and still fruitless. Although, I may be able to become an apprentice under a neighbor of mine as an electrician. So that's something. And that experience means I'll have my foot nearly in the door when I apply for the electricians union. Ha-ha!

What else have I been doing? Oh, yes, surveys. Online ones. I take a ton, get points, and cash out the points for a huge check of fifty big ones. Oh, yeah! $50! Ugh. I'm still trying to get into creative mode as well. I don't know how or with what, but I think I'll start tonight. I really, really, want to get back into writing. I'll probably be less stressed, and feel a lot more outgoing. I know I felt better when I was going crazy and tiring myself out being all clever and creative.

I've also begun work on my Halloween costume. I usually start around this time of year, if not earlier. Deciding, planning, budgeting, buying, and assembling take a good two months for a good costume of mine.
That's me on the left, dressed as Masky from Marble Hornets
That picture above is from two years ago. I did two costumes that year, one for school and one for going out that night. The reason for this was because my "main" costume was incredibly complicated to dress in and do everyday activities in. That costume was the Grim Ripper from the Guitar Hero series. I nearly replicated everything down to the slightest detail. It wasn't completely game-accurate, but the look was there. Everything from the emaciated skull, to the ram's horns, to the black feather angel wings was included in my costume. Hell, I even found one of my old, now-small black costume robes and tore it up and ripped holes in it. The only thing I didn't have was the guitar! I ran out of time :/
I also can't seem to find pictures of me in my costume, but if I do, I'll post them, either on this post or somewhere else.

Last year my friends all wanted to do a group-costume effort. It was decided we all be Batman characters. Immediately, I went for Robin. I specifically tried to replicate the "Teen Titans Robin" style. That's probably the most effort I put into a costume, the Grim Ripper one being a close second. Finding all the right materials and colors was tough, and I still couldn't quite get all of my greens to match up.

This year, I'm planning to be...well..I'll do another post for that ;)

Anyway, yes, I'm back on it, I promise.

Oh, and here, take a song.





This one's a little more deviant than what I'd usually share, but it really gets me sometimes. It's by Puscifer, one of the famed Maynard James Keenan's many bands. I really like this song, despite how usually electronic-genre songs aren't really my favorite. Enjoy!

And as always, thanks for reading!
--Aaron

No comments:

Post a Comment