Monday, September 8, 2014

Hello Again!

Hey there. It's been a while.

"It's been a looooong time. How have you been?"

And boy, am I feeling the repercussions now. Back when I wrote this post, I said my Slenderblog's first story would be finished by May (oops, did I just let something slip?). It is now September. And it is not complete. I have failed. (At least the exposition's done, I suppose.)

I also had in mind that my book would be done now. Haven't touched it since May.

Still haven't filmed or scripted any videos for my philosophy/thinky pain/heady/VSauce rip-off channel Afterthoughts.

I'm also just now applying for jobs.

Oh! And I remembered I had a blog yesterday. Er, two, rather.

My Nerf blog has been dead for months. Eek. Boy, have things changed.

So, in summary: I have done nothing for months.

That's about to change. I have a lot of work ahead of me, but I think it can be done (that's also what I said on the post I linked to above, so we'll see how well this work out in a few months, eh?). The Slenderblog needs some reworking, as I now need to re-film months-old footage, and perhaps recast a role, which won't be easy. Luckily, the blog is still in exposition. I'll need to come up with a reason as to why there hasn't been any activity on it for these past few months, but luckily for me, I'm working in- universe and on a piece of media that allows me to get away with a lack of months worth of content.

I'll have to get into writing mode again, both for the blog's sake (this one and Forgotten Colors), and for my book's sake. Because I really want to finish that book. It's awesome. Perhaps I'll put a preview sometime soon (?). Also, scripts are tough to write if you aren't in that mood/mode. The biggest problem for me, personally, to get into writing mode for these two things (the book and the story/scripts for Forgotten colors) is the continuity.
The story of Forgotten Colors is convoluted and twisted, told out-of-order by an unreliable narrator. Continuity, therefor, is a bitch. My book's continuity is much easier to keep track of, but there are things that are called-back and referenced, and therefor need to be payed attention to when written about for the second time within the same story.

My YouTube channel, Afterthoughts...is pretty much non-existent at the time of writing. I mean, the channel is there, but it's bone-dry. No videos, no profile pic, no bio. But there's the link anyway.

I also have this Nerf blog to work on. I keep forgetting I have tons of material to write about. The problem with this one is that I have to stay on top of it because the NIC (Nerf Internet Community) is constantly changing and updating.

So all-in-all I have a ton of stuff to do, so I can never say I have nothing to do/work on. Hopefully a job won't get in the way once I get one (or two).

I also want to take your time as you read this to announce that I'm thinking of ways to expand this blog. Not only will I be posting about any of that stuff up there ^ but I'll also add other content like weekly posts, previews of writings I...write, and specific articles on topics I deem fun or relevant to my creativeness or creativity in general. Heck, maybe a pop-culture post will come up every once and a while -- I'm pretty geeky, after all.

Anyway, I think that's just about everything. It's an exciting time, folks!!

And as always, thanks for reading.
--Aaron

P.S. Here's a list of some the cool shit you can check out in case you missed it up above.

Forgotten Colors
My alternate-reality story-telling horror/thriller/mystery blog

Down to Nerf
My Nerf blog where I rattle on about the current Nerf...stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment